Tuesday, February 21, 2012

More Mending Please!

I've finished all my mending! This is unfortunate because one of the clients at the clinic where I work, gifted me with the DVD series of Elizabeth Gaskell's Cranford, North and South, Wives and Daughters and the first two seasons of Downton Abbey. I'm in the throes of British period drama ecstasy, but running out of reasons to affix myself to the couch cushions for hours at a time. I'm repurposing an old sweater with a stain that won't come out, by turning the sleeves into legwarmers (which apparently are back in style with the kids) and all I've left to do is sew a cuff on the second one and that's it for sewing projects. I'm seriously considering ripping out a few seams here and there to keep me going! As for wishing for an early spring? Not a chance. Anyone got any buttons that need reattaching?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could send you some of mine.

On a completely different topic,I have attached a video that explains why you do what you do. Wish there was an easy solution to our present and future problems. The title of this YouTube video is There's No Tomorrow.

PJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOMWzjrRiBg

Amber said...

Hi PJ. I've seen that video posted in a couple of different places and haven't watched it yet, 'cause the title sounds so darn depressing! I just didn't want anything to disturb my hibernating bliss and daydreams of a permaculture, food forest utopia. :) But I'll have a look, because you're right, a huge part of the motivation for the things I do is a direct response to resource depletion, climate change and financial insecurity as we head toward a post-growth world.